Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happily 2009!!!!!




Me and my baby brother in 1980 something. 


It amazes me how our lives in a conversation can be reduced down to a little blurb. Oh, "She lives in Nashville", "She is a songwriter", "They have 2 kids", " "They lost their house". You know how you can be in a conversation with someone, and ask " Oh, how is Billy doing, I heard he was sick", and then the only thing you really know about that person is that they worked 20 years at the papermill and passed away from cancer. I want my life to be more than that. To be more than just a little blurb about being married, or being an artist, or a sister or living in Nashville. And I really wanna know people, know the people in my life better than reducing them to one sentence in my head when I think of them. I only say all of this because if I have a new years resolution, it is to be a better friend, and to be known more fully. I read this great quote "You can only be loved to the extent to which you are known".
Maybe it's the new year, the fresh start that God gives us begin again. But I like January. Because all the good things, and all the bad things that happened last year are still there, but for some reason it feels like I have a clean slate to work with. I think everyone deserves a clean slate and a new beginning. I also like January because February is next and I am sucker for the Hallmark of Hallmark Holidays!

So here's to all all my goals, the lofty and over stretching and the easily attainable. And to being known for who I am, and being there for the people in my life. 

And to working out more :)

Happily 2009!

Peace & Love,
Brandon Jane

3 comments:

@CeciMartins said...

hey, i don't know if you'll understand this but i liked your blog, it's really amazing, you're really beautiful too, maybe you could pass in mine too, but it's in portuguese, kiss

Anonymous said...

Wow,I was a fat baby

brandonjane said...

Jared, you were adorable.