Sunday, December 28, 2008

Today is a gift.


Today is Sunday. I like sundays. I feel no obligation to be or do anything particular on Sunday or the guilt that comes with every other day of the week and that feeling of " Oh crap, am I forgetting something?" Christmas was beautiful. The Christmas Eve service my family went to was reminding of what this whole season is all about. A season that, I am the first one to get caught up in and forget. I like being reminded. It feels good to remember. 

Christmas day was perfect. Kevin and I exchanged gifts in our own little traditional ceremony on Christmas morning which was really sweet. And I have had a cappuccino every single morning since in my beautiful new espresso maker. Then we headed over to my parents to have dinner and do a little gift exchanging there. The most exciting part, was capturing all the little moments of my 2 1/2 year old nephew learn to give and get graciously and very very excitedly. He told me, "Aunt B, I LOVE Christmas!". He was literally jumping up and down opening presents. 

It seems like, this year, with everyone cutting the fat and saving for the rainy day's ahead, which I pray life manages to keep at bay.... this Christmas, with fewer toys and shiny gifts... may have been more meaningful than those of the last few years. I am thankful in 2008. I have my health, my family and my love. What mores a girl to ask for...

I am thankful for clear open skies.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year,

Brandon Jane Kadish

Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery... today is a gift. That's why we call it "The present".
-Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: