Friday, November 14, 2008

Country Music and how to boil an egg


I am sitting here at my kitchen counter, boiling an egg for tuna salad, trying to make myself start unpacking Holiday decorations, for I fear, today may be the last available day that I have to do so until after December 1. Leah and I (crossing my fingers) hope to be starting vocals next week, on 5 songs we have been working on, I say we very loosely, I actually mean Kevin & Wayne, because I have not been tirelessly editing, and overdubbing :) But, my turn comes next week. When it is my turn to step up to the plate ( am I really using sports analogies ;) and start my part, of singing our songs.

My birthday also happens to be next week, which I haven't yet decided how I really feel about. I mean one more year has passed, and you have those moments of gratefulness for your health, and your families health, and all the things that could've happened but they didn't. And then you have those moments of, what the hell have I really accomplished this year. It's so much easier to be negative. So, I am resisting the urge, and looking forward with excitement. And Looking back on this past year, grateful.

I say that now . LOL

This was also CMA week. Which was really fun. CMA week is big in Nashville. It is like the holy grail of awards shows and I spent it with my sister at the Sony viewing party which was super fun. I have so many connections emotionally to the Country Music Awards. I remember being a teenage girl, like 13, and arguing with my mom about the fact that church was on a Wednesday night which also happened to be the same night as the Country Music Awards, and I was, I quote " on the couch worshiping my God" instead of at church like my mother would like for me to be. I also met my husband because of the country music awards. We met at a Warner Brothers after party. Totally changed my life.

 I never missed a show.  I still don't.


Going to a dear friends 29th birthday party tonight... which should be wonderful. And a very old, and dear friend of mine rolls into town to spend the weekend with me later this evening.
I guess I should be more thankful for that impending birthday.


How long to you boil an egg for anyway?

Peace,

Brandon Jane

No comments: