Thursday, November 6, 2008

Be gentle. I have never blogged b4. (my other dream jobs)


OK, so I am kind of new to this. But everybody else is doing so I figured what the heck. 
After all, I am the type of girl who when all of her friends jumps off a 40 foot cliff and into the Percy Preist lake, I follow right along and cannot get up off the couch for  a week following!

What is a blog anyway, I am not sure... 

So, let me see... where do I begin. I am 26 hundred thousand years old and I have a very grateful existence in the world. I get to make up songs, and sing songs and make money doing it. I have a very smart, funny husband and a family so amazing you would want them for your own. I also am the owner of two very funny, very smelly dogs.

I am a songwriter and an artist. I get to make music for a living and there has never been a day that has gone by that I have not realized how incredible that is. Incredible yes, easy no. To try and come up with something new to say, that is from your heart, and makes people either think or sing along is not an easy task. Much less making it rhyme and sing and then there is the getting it on the radio. But I wouldn't trade it for any other job in the world. OK, maybe Princess or chief doughnut maker at Krispy Kreme. But other than that, it's pretty damn cool.

I have been able to travel to alot of places and meet alot of amazing people, but at the end of the day I am still a homebody who can't bear to stay home for more than a few weeks. I am a walking contradiction.

I am in a really cool band with my sister called "Coldwater Jane" which makes me happy and excited. And I get to write songs with her and Kevin & Wayne K. and that makes me ecstatic.
We are in the studio right now recording... and I cannot wait for this music to be done...

So, here's to blogs, and doughnuts, and making up songs, and many more to come.

Peace & Love,
Brandon Jane





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow,this took long enough. Welcome to your new addiction sis.....