Sunday, August 30, 2009

dog days of summer


I am not going to lie. I can smell fall in the air and I have been wishing away these dog days of summer. I am not the kind of girl to not embrace the moment. But the sun has been beating down to the tune of 90 degrees here in Nashville and every time I feel a tiny breeze it makes me long for October. And today we are almost there. A little closer to labor day weekend and a little further from summertime. Leah and I have been working on our record, writing, recording and backwards and forwards again. I kind of sound like Willy Wonka! My childhood crush. (Who wouldn't wanna be the companion of a man who owned a candy factory!)

Anyway, back to Coldwater Jane. It has been amazing. I feel lucky. To get to work with Leah, who is this beautiful, honest, and extremely talented songwriter. She takes nothing that concerns making music with a grain of salt and everything wholeheartedly. Which is an amazing quality when it comes to being an artist. She has had many cuts, and yet has decided to be in a band with me. I am honored.

And Kevin and Wayne our producers and co writers are so extremely talented. They have taken every song to heart. And seriously crafted what we are doing sonically. Their list of credits is astonishing, and I feel grateful to have them take time out of their substantial careers to help begin ours. Our label has been amazing. I mean really amazing. We are the luckiest girls in Nashville. Truly.

Yet, here I am wishing away summer. I am so excited for you to hear this music. I hope I can post some on our myspace soon. Oh, we have a twitter and facebook set up now so if you have those please look us up. I will post links below. There are studio pics and video and whatnot on our facebook.

I guess that's it for now. It's Sunday, I just ate a giant turkey burger and quite frankly.. I need a nap!

Peace & Love,

Brandon Jane

twitter.com/coldwaterjane
facebook.com/coldwaterjane
myspace.com/coldwaterjanemusic

No comments: